Monday, July 19, 2010

Blue monday

It rained almost all afternoon at the work place. I always like the sound of rain drops beating against the rooftop as if providing a melody of sort. For I’ve been feeling slightly under the weather (mondays always do that to me) and rain is a welcome reprieve to soothe the dreariness and monotony of a blue Monday.

And the soreness and discomfort of PMS.

Nelson Mandela turned 92 on Sunday. A towering figure who’s through sheer tolerance and boundless compassion had persevered during his long battle championing human rights and fighting against Apartheid. A heroic crusade which cost him his freedom for 27 years yet he has graciously chosen to forgive his oppressors.

In his humbleness he discouraged the holding of parties to celebrate his birthday, instead urging people to reach out and serve on this day.

I did not know that Sunday was `Mandela Day’ till I read the news today. But it’s a nice feeling to think that the Foundation I am involved in did its part by helping to lessen the suffering of a small group of humanity. I am glad also that I, unknowingly, and in a sub-conscious kind of way was able to answer to his call by reaching out to humanity, albeit in a very small and insignificant way.

It’s drizzling outside while I type. And about time to crawl into bed and lay my head on the pillow and listen to droplets of rain outside till I drift to sleep…

Goodbye blue monday..


0 comments:

Post a Comment