Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Happy is

1. When after a hard day at work, I drive back home and make a detour to a nearby mall to tapau my favourite food and drink, like white coffee or teh-c or a piece of cake.

2. Someone gives me a nice massage to ease my sore back, a result of sitting and staring too long at the computer. Bean counting.

My sister once promised to give me a massage when she was back from Taiwan for 10 sessions if I helped her pay for the cost of her contact lenses. I did but she failed at upholding her promises. She was so caught up in meeting up with relatives and friends and ended up coming back home exhausted herself.

3. Going back to village to visit my parents and bring back some of their favourite food: dim-sum, kon lo mee , yu cha kwai etc etc, or simply engaging them in a little chit-chat. It makes me happy to see that they are doing well, and happy.

4. Once in a blue moon, good friends bring me out for yum cha. It’s been so much less frequent now as I am now entering this middle-age phase. The fact that my married friends are mostly occupied. Its only natural I know . And I shouldn’t be complaining. But still…

Sigh.

5. When I join my Tze-chi friends for some charitable activities and happy knowing I am contributing a little to help and thereafter a yum cha at some coffee shop where everyone is always in a jovial mood and happily relating their stories either about someone’s life or just theirs. Or a little entertaining juicy gossips here and there. I am just oh this faithful listener.

6. I am all by myself driving on a quiet road and the weather is fine with clear blue sky and rolling white clouds and I am listening to songs on the car radio and happily humming along to it. Self-consciousness is thrown to the wind despite my very obvious lack of talent because I am by my own and no one is listening 0__o



7. When surrounded by all the people I love and care about..

8. When someone sends me a card. Be it for birthdays, festive seasons, sisterly love or simply a `missing you’ card, an indication that there’s always someone out there who’s thinking of and care about me, and I am not alone after all.

Just these simple things in life , to once in a while get me out of the doldrums of daily mundane worldly tasks, like work, to lift up my spirit, and make me happy.
-__-

0 comments:

Post a Comment