Thursday, September 9, 2010

Random photos


14/07/07 :Venerable Liao Kung tze fu reciting some prayers for my brothers during the taking of refuge ceremony in Poh Toh Tze temple.


14/07/2007 :Venerable Liao Kung tze fu from Taiwan giving a talk after presiding over a simple `taking of refuge’ ceremony to a small group of devotees, including my brothers. A very wise and respectable tze fu who has attained a high level of spirituality in Buddhism. I really admire and have high regard for him. I remember going to see him by myself many years ago in Poh Toh Tze temple after so requested by my sister and also to send some packages to her via one of his disciples. I was timid in appearance (he must have noticed) and a little apprehensive for it was the first time I personally approached a venerable tze fu of his stature. He smiled warmly after I introduced myself, in a bid to ease my anxiety perhaps. Not knowing what else to say I asked what kind of Sutras should I recite as a daily practice. `Heart Sutra’ was his light-hearted yet reassuringly reply.


A pair of lovey-dovey white geese loitering on the house compound. They moved around in pair, almost inseparable, making this hissing n honking noise every time at the slightest sound or the sight of moving things, like the intrusion of snake at the house compound or visiting friends. You have to see to believe that they could interact with humans . At one time when my sister was reciting some prayers at a nearby vegetable plot, one of them just stood by her, silently and attentively for not a move made for about 15 mins or so until she finished with the verses. But both died under tragic circumstances, one due to a festered wound, the other a fatal bite by a snake. My father found its body and severed neck the next morning T__T



0 comments:

Post a Comment