Saturday, January 22, 2011

A blind fish

The day after Christmas 26 December 2010.

Fang Seng on a Sunday

We took a picture of this ikan galak which suffered some bruises and a blind eye probably due to heavy struggle while being kept with other fishes in a small basin for sale, after being cruelly and forcefully robed from their natural habitat. It’s heartbreaking for me to see an innocent life being subject to unnecessary torture like that. After being released the fish refused to escape instead swam to the bank of the small swampy area and stayed unmoved for a long time. I tried to sooth this little creature by placing my hand on its body and uttered a little prayer, but it remained still seemingly oblivious to my touch. I was in fact fearing for its safety for being in such fragile condition it might easily fall prey to other predators like biawak.

I was relieved to find that the fish was no longer there when I returned sometime later. It must have recovered from its wound that it managed to navigate back to the deeper water, to where it belonged.

Or perhaps it had indeed felt, hence responded to my concern..

Dear little creature, I pray for your safety and may suffering evade you.

And you are now safe from harm..






0 comments:

Post a Comment