Friday, February 25, 2011

Little prayer for a fragile soul

On a Saturday evening, a large butterfly paid me a visit , in my apartment. It perched still on the glass window of the kitchen. The next morning when I was about to do some laundry at the back balcony of the kitchen, this pretty creature was still there, this time resting quietly on the wall, I figured it must have suffered injury of sort hence unable to move, but jolted a little when I tried to touch its wing. Once, its dropped into a bucket half-filled with water, when I came to its rescue it tried to move a little.

I just left this little creature undisturbed in its own world, however whispering words of comfort to soothe its frightened fragile soul as if it could hear me. I have this tendency these days to talk to sentient beings, other than humans, I somehow feel that they can hear me.

I got a tiny bit of decorative icing sugar from a cupcake for the butterfly , the sticky moisture helped the sugar stay glued onto the wall, lest the butterfly when hungry would need some food to fill its stomach. No idea if it would feed on sugar but the only food I could think of.

The night when I checked on it again it was still there. Unmoved and in utter solitude. I’d wonder if this little creature have had no hope continuing on, wasting its life away. If there were other occupants in my apartment, it would have amused them to see me talking and reciting a prayer to this small creature.

On Monday morning while getting ready to work, I took a peep into the same area. It was no longer there.
It must have healed by itself and journeyed somewhere else, and not fallen prey to other insect-eating creatures, or at least I would like to hope so.

My prayer has been gratuitously answered, it seems..


0 comments:

Post a Comment