Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Time

Time flies…

Isn’t it ironic that events in our younger days still vividly remain in our thoughts but the reality of the matter is that we are decades away from those innocent days, days where all we could think of were playing hide-and-seek, climbing rambutan trees and making a trip to the river side, eagerly throwing pebbles into the water while watching ripples forming on the surface then happily concluded it was a fun game to play?


I am a little innocent kid again..


I would like to imagine that blue sky and rolling white clouds are a little heaven on earth, raindrops on the roof top are the sound of poetry to my ears, life at this point comes to a standstill as I curl up in this little space of mine dreaming about golden sunset, evening sky and twinkling tiny points of light being the illusion of permanence.

I just want to dream about a little heaven on earth again…


As I am posting this I am instantly reminded not to procrastinate matters that we can do today to another day because of the swiftness with which time slips away, while playfully yet condescendingly invoking in us this lingering sense of the brevity of life…


Food for thought:

I don’t know why we are here, but I am pretty sure that it is not in order to enjoy ourselves.

- Ludwig Wittgenstein.

0 comments:

Post a Comment