Wednesday, July 27, 2011

A story of zhenzhu nai cha



It was a Friday.

My niece called as I was about to call it a night, feeling tired and with back pains. She said she wanted to drop by my house to give me something. A while later there was a knock at the door. As I opened it there she was standing outside holding a small plastic bag containing a cup of pearl milk tea. Turned out she had gone out earlier with friends for a `yum cha session’ and on her way back after giving her friend a lift decided to turn to my place to give me this `takeaway’.

I must admit, I felt a little touched by this.

So on that quiet night, I sipped through the straw of the cup of iced Pearl milk tea, alone, but not lonely, with a warm and fuzzy feeling inside, comforting myself that all would be well and despite at times dealing with insecurity issues and feeling like a tiny speck of dust amidst this vast humanity, somewhere, somehow, I was remembered….

2 comments:

  1. We always remember you, my dearest Aunt. Thanks for being one of my family member, you're playing a part of the roles to complete my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kewei for being a part of my life too, hug hug..

    ReplyDelete