Monday, October 4, 2010

My old trusted Proton Wira


Here she is, my old trusted friend. My first and only car.

My younger sister purchased this way back in 1997, after the accident which tragically claimed the life of my aunt and totally reduced her white Proton Iswara to a pathetic irreparable wreck. She left for Taiwan in 2001 leaving the car hence the responsibility to service the loan repayments to me, where at that time I had just managed to obtain a driving licence (after sitting for the test a second time) and was still experiencing many bitingly nerve wracking moments every time driving on the road.

Nine years on and after an approx. RM25K repayments later, she is still this reliable mode of transport driving me to and from works, grocery shoppings and running errands and the innumerable more- than- two- hours balik kampung trips.
Over the years, I have seen one my close friends changing from one car to another and the very recent being an expensive model, whereas I am still driving around in my aged old grey colour Proton Wira.

Sigh. T___T

To be frank, the sight of her very chic looking metallic black Honda City does increase my materialistic desire to want to get a new car of my own. Yes my very own car (the Wira is still rightfully belong to my sister as it was registered under her name). But having to pay my housing loan is already a big commitment and a new car would definitely be an added burden which I reckon will in no time weigh down heavily on me.

So I try to re-assess the condition of my car:

: Yes the colour has began to show wear and tear especially on certain parts of the rooftop the skin has already peeled off due to the prolonged exposure to the relentless sun at open parking areas.

: Many ugly scratch marks as a result of EITHER those naughty kids who like to loiter around the car park areas at my apartment building during night times, whom having nothing to do might have decided to derive a little `sadomasochistic’ pleasure by creating some scratch marks using God-know-what sharp objects, OR a result of my terrible parking skills (accidentally brushing against the sides of some stationary cars when attempting to park my car)

: time flies and tides ebb, sentient beings grow old and become frail and fragile so does the condition of a car even more so after a good 13 years on the road, loyally rendering its service without fail or interruptions, except on perhaps one or two occasions, even these were due to faults of my own. It has gone through many repair and maintenance works, hurting my pockets by the many thousand ringgits. But still she is resilient and low maintenance (well I guess) for so far not a major service is required.

The boss (aka my brother) at the workshop where I often send my car for service kindly told me that the car does require a major overhaul to replace its engine as it is no longer fuel efficient, besides producing thick black smokes when being driven up a very steep and winding road for a long distance, on her maiden trip to National Park, that is .

I think after all these years, it is high time my trusted Wira be given the much deserved brand new engine, facelift and all.

But amidst all these, she is still my very trusted grey colour old Proton Wira, faithfully rendering her service and making my journey a worry-free and comfortable one.

My safe bubble.

Also for the time being, she’s all that I can afford, the reason I would not settle for more. -___-

And so I have managed to eradicate another craving for worldly possessions. Good for my spiritual well being, I guess. 0__0

0 comments:

Post a Comment